Four Key Ways in Which Consumers Respond to Video Marketing on the Web

Video marketing consultant

Numerous studies and reports are revealing the surprising video marketing effectiveness that exists online. When YouTube gets more than four billion views of its videos in a typical day, it’s clear that more people are watching — and engaging with — videos than ever before.

Wondering how consumers are responding to your company’s video marketing content and video for SEO? Take a look at these four statistics and facts that show how web users react to marketing videos:

They prefer watching video to reading text

The days of relying on text-only web marketing content are long over. It has been found that 20% of an average consumer audience will choose to read text-based content, while the remaining 80% will opt to watch a video that contains the same exact information. It’s clear that consumers love watching videos.

They watch videos on their mobile devices

Video marketing content, especially content hosted on YouTube, is extremely easy to access from mobile devices. That’s why a growing number of people enjoy watching video from their smartphones and tablets — it’s a great way to learn about up-and-coming brands while on the go. Currently, about 12% of online consumers say they prefer to watch videos from their mobile devices, but this percentage is projected to grow significantly in the future.

They watch videos to inform their purchases

Studies have shown that about 34% of users will watch marketing videos before going shopping to become more educated about a new product or service. Video advertisements are thus a great way to generate attention for the latest things your business has to offer and can influence users’ purchasing decisions immensely.

They become more familiar and connected with brands

Video marketing content is one of the most powerful ways to build a relationship between consumers and brands. In fact, in 2014 it was found that nearly 30% of consumers consider video marketing to be their “most trusted” source of brand content!

What do you usually do during and after viewing an online video? Let us know by sharing in the comments below. Continue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow by Email